FamiliesWe know it hurts. We are here to help.
How we can help
We offer a variety of free peer-support services to parents and family members who have been affected by pregnancy or infant loss. Our support services are offered in-person, over the phone and online, and are available to residents of Ontario.
To access our free support services, please complete our request for support form and our coordinator will contact you within two business days to discuss support options.
What you can do
If you have experienced the loss of a pregnancy or infant, it may feel like nothing will ease the pain. Below are some tips that bereaved families have found to be helpful:
- Allow yourself to focus on your needs
- Gather memories and mementos of your baby (pictures, hand and foot prints)
- Name your baby
- Spend time with your baby
- Plan a remembrance ceremony
- Give yourself time
What friends and family can do
- Use the same vocabulary surrounding the loss as the bereaved parents
- Help with the care of living children the couple may have
- Recognize that grief has no time limit
- Provide the bereaved family with the time and space needed to grieve
- Remember and talk about the baby
- Remember the baby at the holidays and anniversaries
- When possible, use the baby’s name
- If you don’t know what to say, you can say “sorry for your loss”