FamiliesWe know it hurts. We are here to help.
To access our support services (at no cost to families), please complete our request for support form and our coordinator will contact you within two business days to discuss support options.
How we can help
We offer a variety of peer-support services (at no cost to families) to parents and family members who have been affected by pregnancy or infant loss. Our support services are offered in-person, over the phone and online, and are available to residents of Ontario.
Whether you have recently experienced your loss or it happened some time ago, it can help to know that you are not alone. Read stories of loss, or share yours with our community.
What you can do
If you have experienced the loss of a pregnancy or infant, it may feel like nothing will ease the pain. Below are some tips that bereaved families have found to be helpful:
- Allow yourself to focus on your needs
- Gather memories and mementos of your baby (pictures, hand and foot prints)
- Name your baby
- Spend time with your baby
- Plan a remembrance ceremony
- Give yourself time
What friends and family can do
- Use the same vocabulary surrounding the loss as the bereaved parents
- Help with the care of living children the couple may have
- Recognize that grief has no time limit
- Provide the bereaved family with the time and space needed to grieve
- Remember and talk about the baby
- Remember the baby at the holidays and anniversaries
- When possible, use the baby’s name
- If you don’t know what to say, you can say “sorry for your loss”